Sunday, May 16, 2010

Joel's New Hair

For a long time now, I've been trying to devise a new hairstyle for Joel from "Forever 16". The one he's had until now is a vestigial trace of my old drawing style - I used to give all male characters that weird frizzy hair, back before I learned how to design more distinct humans. I keep trying to get rid of it, but no style I've come up with has looked satisfactory. I do like this one, though - that longish mop-top look is what I've had in mind for Joel all along, and it's really tough to make it look right, but I think I'm getting a bead on it at last. I'll keep playing around with it, but I know I'm headed in the right direction.

6 comments:

  1. This looks good, it looks more... I dunno, natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It might be a challenge for you to draw that at different angles and stuff, but this is a good pic to start from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow, I almost see my own reflecting when I look at this piece - most likely the hair when my own gets that long, but still.....great jorb, bud! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gonna take some getting use to, but it'll grow on me over time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, I sort of prefer the old hair style, it showed off his personality more.

    ReplyDelete